Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 4

Day 4- Your parents

My parents are Kevin and Stacy Siftar. I look up to my parents because of their love, support, and relationship they have with each other. My parents put everything behind them for many years to raise 5 children. I think they were about 20-21 when started thinking about having a family. One thing that was always apparent with my parents is that they have shown me that marriage is never easy. You support your partner through the good and the bad.

My mom is the most caring person I have ever met. If it is making us our favorite dinner for our birthday, calling to check on us when we are sick, getting  excited for more and more grand kids, preparing the spread for all of the holiday dinners, and always loving us so much. My mom is the exact same person as my grandmother Violet. She has taken and kept every holiday tradition up in our family. The one thing my mom cherishes just like my grandmother is family. Nothing gets my mom more excited then our family growing more and more every holiday. My goal is to take after my mom with all of her love and continue the family traditions.

My Pops and I have a fun and teasing relationship. Whether it's the "wrench"of a hug he gives us when he greets us hello, his facebook posts, or his obsession with tomato plants every summer. My Pops would pick me up from college and move me home every summer. He would always tease that I had too much "junk" and try to throw it out.  I send my pops hearing aid information in the mail because he is deaf (or he has the best selective hearing)! I tease my pops that I am going to admit him to my nursing home so I can make sure he is behaving himself. My pops is always there to lend a helping hand and would do anything for any of his kids. The grand kids think Tata is the coolest and he always has chocolate milk for them!

I love my parents very much and I have learned so much about life from them. I have become the woman I am today because of my parents and I know they are always proud. Below is a picture of my mom and pops from my wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment